Friday, May 2, 2008

atart of beach volley ball season

Hello everybody. It’s the start of a new beach volleyball season and my playing partner Lucy Boulton and I are still hoping to make it to the Olympics. Unfortunately it’s a bit delayed because of a knee injury I picked up sprinting.

If it was up to me, I would’ve played through the season as it was. Luckily I had some more informed opinions from doctors and surgeons, who all assured me I wouldn't make it halfway through the Tour. So I had the surgery immediately which meant missing the tournament in March in Australia for the start of the Tour.

The surgery was so fast - less than an hour. They did an arthroscopy which meant only cutting into two points in the front of the knee. When I woke up after the surgery, the only thing that hurt was the I.V. in my hand. I actually walked out of the hospital! Isn't modern medicine amazing!

No comments: